Friday, July 31, 2009

Insanity Part 1

So, as people I know IRL know, I've been working two jobs for most of the summer. I just want to tell everyone that, no, it's not worth it to work two jobs unless you absolutely have to do so. I'm basically so burnt out that I'm have non-verbal spells followed by nihilistic existential crises followed by consuming fast food. I'm being sent home from McDonald's now because my sleep cycle is so fucked up. I seriously need to develop some way of dealing with the whole life/sleep thing that works because, so far, it's basically been hit and miss.

In other news, I've just finished reading Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre, which was very good. I also finished listening to a Barnes and Noble lecture series called "What would Socrates do?: the history of moral though and ethics". While this lecturer was very good at explaining some things, he had some pretty clear biases. He blatantly favoured the ancients and the medieval over the modern and the contemporary (yes, those are different). He also paint Jean-Paul Sartre as a depressed nihilist, pained by the fact that life has no meaning, which I did not get from his treatise "Existentialism is a Humanism" nor from the final sentiments expressed in Nausea. So my next work to tackle will be Also Sprach Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche, which I'm planning on reading alongside the original German. Yes, my literary life is abundant in future interests.

1 comment:

  1. My literary life is my college homework and Autism's False Prophets by Paul Offit, M.D.

    Basically, I have *had* it with pseudo-science like chelation, HBOT, and Stem Cell Therapy.

    - Literary Aspergian Woo Fighter

    ReplyDelete